The Swiss QR Bill is a Swiss standard payment specification based on ISO 20022, which is an international standard for data exchanges within the finance industry. PaymentStandards.ch is the official website of the Swiss financial center regarding this standardization of payments. The QR Bill is quickly identified with the Swiss Cross in the center of a QR Code symbol. IDAutomation offers an easy method of generating the Swiss Cross in the center of the QR Code by making use of the Center Override option which is exclusive to IDAutomation products.
The following symbol is a Swiss QR Bill Example created from Crystal Reports:
This capability is supported in all QR Code product versions 2020 or later including:
- .NET Barcode Generator
- ASPX Barcode Generator Script
- Barcode Label Software Pro
- Crystal Reports QR Code Generator (Includes implementation example)
- FileMaker Barcode Generator
- QR Font Encoder App
- Google Sheets QR Code Generator
- Java Barcode Package
- Microsoft Excel Barcode Generator
- Microsoft Access Barcode Generator
- PHP Barcode Generator Script
- SSRS Barcode Generator
- SSRS Barcode Generator SaaS
- Windows Forms Control (WinForms)
- QR Code Font and Encoder Suite (All components except legacy ActiveX)
- To generate a QR Bill, follow the Swiss Implementation Guidelines. With these instructions, the LF command is used as a separator between fields. In VB scripting applications such as the label software, Access, Excel and Crystal Reports, the LF is inserted with the Chr(10) and appended to other fields with the & symbol with static data in quotes. For example:
“SPC” & Chr(10) & “0200” & Chr(10) & “1” & Chr(10) & …
- To place the Swiss Cross in the QR Code, append the string below to the end of the data being encoded in the barcode:
For a detailed example, refer to the Crystal Reports Swiss QR Bill Example.
- Adjust the X dimension of the symbol accordingly so the cross is within the specifications of 7 x 7 mm. The 9×9 string (starts with ~CO99,) is usually the best size to use. Other sizes are provided below if needed.
- Refer to the Swiss Implementation Guidelines for the QR-bill for more information.
QR Bill Swiss Cross Strings
It is recommended to start with the 9×9 size below and adjust the X dimension of the symbol accordingly so the cross is within the specifications of 7 x 7 mm. Refer to the Swiss Implementation Guidelines for the QR-bill for more information.
9×9: (This size is usually the best option)