IDAutomation Newsletter: October 2010
64-Bit Office 2010 Incompatibility Update
The compatibility problem with the 64-bit version of Office 2010 and our ActiveX Controls, VBA Macros and the Word/Excel Add-In have been resolved. We have re-engineered these products to work with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2010, and all updates were released as of October 19, 2010.
USB Barcode Scanner and Stand in Gray for $99
There is still time to take advantage of our special on the GS1 DataBar USB Barcode Scanner Kit in Gray, which includes a matching stand for the low price of $99, before supplies run out. This USB scanner is completely DataBar compliant and supports all DataBar barcode types, which will be required by GS1 in all retail checkout systems by January 1, 2011. This special price is a $40 savings over our popular IDAutomation USB Barcode Scanner with DataBar in Black and stand at list price.
Barcode Video Tutorials
To assist our customers with implementing and working with our products, we have put together a group of training videos:
- What is The Difference Between 1D and 2D Barcodes?
- What are The Different Code 128 Barcode Standards?
- How to Change and Set Specific Barcode Font Heights.
- Should The Crystal Native Generator be Installed on The Receiving PC?
- Barcode Word Mail Merge
- Printing MICR Bank Checks Using The Check Design Application
- Label Software – Microsoft Data Connectivity Component
- How to Create ISBN Barcodes Using the Image Generator (and OCR Fonts)
- Create GS1-128 Compliant Barcodes Using The IDAutomation Barcode Image Generator
- How to Use the Barcode Recognition Software
- How to Create Barcodes in OpenOffice Calc
- Create Intelligent Mail Barcodes with Postnet Fonts
- Create Barcodes (Standard Barcode Types) Using Universal Fonts
- How to Create Barcodes in Crystal Reports Using Fonts and Formulas
- Programming the SC5USB Barcode Scanner
Product Updates and Support Subscription Renewal
IDAutomation’s Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription allows you to receive the latest version of the product, unlimited phone support, priority Help Desk support during work hours, and additional help desk support on evenings, weekends and holidays.
If the Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription has not been purchased or is expired, it may be activated from the appropriate link:
- Links for all products: http://www.idautomation.com/extended/about.html
- New Release: Barcode Add-In for Microsoft Word and Excel
- Product Update: GS1 DataBar Barcode Image Generator
- Press Release: Patent Granted for Generating Barcodes Without Barcode Fonts or Graphic Objects
- New Product: GS1 DataBar Java Package
- Product Update: Java Barcode Package
- New Product: ASP.NET GS1 DataBar Barcode Web Server Control
- New Product: MaxiCode Font and Encoder
- New Product: GS1 DataBar ASP Barcode Component for IIS