Java Barcode Displays on Screen but doesn’t Print
Applet printing problems have long existed in web browsers. This is a known problem with Netscape version 6.0, 6.1 and Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0. The issue appears to be caused by a Mozilla bug which was included in both browsers. The various web browser programmers have only recently found a solution. IDAutomation testing has determined that Java applets work dependably with the following browsers:
- Netscape 4.7
- Netscape 6.2 and above with Java 2 installed
- Internet Explorer 6 and above with Service Pack 1 installed as well as all critical updates installed on the browser and Operating System.
If applets are used for printing barcodes, make sure a compatible web browser is used. If this is not practical, IDAutomation recommends one of the following server based solutions that are compatible with any web browser:
- Microsoft® ASP Barcode Server for IIS for Windows Servers
- ASP.NET Barcode Server Controls for ASP.NET Servers
- Java Barcode Servlets for Windows, MAC, Unix, Linux and other systems
More information about creating barcodes on the Internet is available from the IDAutomation Internet Barcode FAQ and Tutorial.