Errors in UFL formula with Crystal Reports
Troubleshooting an UFL error in the Crystal Reports formula:
- If the following error is received: ” AutomationException: 0x80041019 – UFL ‘u25idautomation.dll’ that implements this function is missing “,
verify the UFL is installed in the Windows/System directory of each computer running the report or use the formulas instead of the UFL.
- Make sure the formula was entered correctly and with the proper syntax. See examples in IDAutomation’s Crystal Reports Barcoding Tutorial.
- Consider using IDAutomation’s Barcode Font Formulas for Crystal Reports instead of the UFL.
- Errors can occur if a report using a UFL was distributed to a computer that does not have the UFL installed. To solve this issue, install the UFL on all PCs using the report. Problems encountered when distributing Crystal Reports to other PCs are usually associated with the report not being compiled before distribution, or a missing Crystal Report Runtime DLL on the destination PC. If a Crystal UFL is used with a file date older than June 22, 2005, then it is highly recommended to upgrade to the latest version. If backwards compatibility is needed with formulas of previous reports, IDAutomation has the previously released Crystal Barcode UFL available.
- Make sure all patches and updates to Crystal Reports are installed.
- If a runtime version of Crystal Reports is used, make sure all of the runtime DLLs are installed. Please refer to the Crystal Reports Support site for solutions to this issue.
- To verify if IDAutomation’s Barcode UFL is working correctly, access the barcode formula with static data, for example:
If the static field does not generate an error and formats text to the barcode font, then the UFL and font are working properly and the problem is most likely one of the following issues listed below. Please refer to the Crystal Reports Support site for solutions to these issues.
- Required Runtime DLLs are not installed or are corrupted.
- Report was not compiled before distribution.
- User does not have access to retrieve correct data.
- Corrupted report.
- Latest updates to Crystal need to be installed.
For most linear barcode fonts, IDAutomation has created Barcode Font Formulas for Crystal Reports that do not require a barcode UFL. Using this technique, there are no additional DLLs or UFLs to distribute to obtain the functionality needed for barcode fonts. These formulas are only provided in purchased versions of the barcode font products and appear in the “Font Tools\Crystal Reports Formulas” folder of the ZIP file. To obtain these formulas the latest version of the barcode font product is needed.