Character is missing in Data Matrix DM C40 and Text Modes
This problem only occurs when encoding certain combinations of upper and lower case letters in C40 or TEXT modes of some Data-Matrix products, but does not occur in ASCII or Binary encoding modes. When this error occurs, the second to the last character is dropped from the scanned symbol. The error can be reproduced by encoding any of the following scenarios:
This issue has been corrected as of August 15, 2005 in the following products that include the Data-Matrix barcode symbology:
- .NET 2D Barcode Forms Controls
- ASP. NET 2D Barcode Web Component Advantage Package
- Java 2D Barcode Component Package
- DataMatrix Barcode Font and Encoder
- IDAutomation Barcode Label Software Pro
- IDAutomation 2D Barcode Image Generator
This issue does not occur with other IDAutomation barcode products.
Download the current version of any IDAutomation product with an active Priority Support & Upgrade Subscription.