Extracting .zip Files in Windows
There are several IDAutomation barcode font packages that contain additional folders for the PCL LaserJet soft fonts, PostScript (type 1) Binary and ASCII versions. These can be used once they are extracted.
- Save the downloaded .zip file to the hard drive.
- Right click on the file and select “extract all”. This will open the extraction wizard.
- Click “next” and then select the location to extract the files to. (This example uses Program Files on C drive.)
- Choose the option to “Make a new folder”. (Most make the folder name “IDAutomation.com [FONT NAME]“)
- Click “ok.” The directory should now point to “C:\Program Files\IDAutomation.com [FONT NAME].”
- Click “next” to begin the extraction process.
- Make sure that the “Show Extracted Files” option is checked.
- Click “Finish” when complete.
The newly created “IDAutomation.com [FONT NAME]” folder will now open, containing an “install.exe” file. Double click this file and it will install the most common files.
The rest of the folders will be the Human Readable, PCL LaserJet soft fonts, PostScript (type 1) Binary and ASCII versions that are part of the purchased packages.