The installation procedures documented here apply to IDAutomation MICR, OCR and Barcode Fonts. IDAutomation recommends using TrueType TTF fonts on the Mac if possible.
Installing TTF TrueType or OTF OpenType fonts on the Mac:
- Drag or copy and paste the TTF or OTF font files to the Library/Fonts folder.
- To activate the fonts, restart the application – some applications may require a computer restart.
- The fonts should now be active in the font menu of the application.
- To create the correct output for the font, choose the font in the application.
Mac installation with MPKG Download
- After the distribution file (which is in ZIP format) is downloaded and saved on the Mac, it must be expanded or decompressed to see all the font files in the distribution package. There are several Mac programs that can open ZIP files such as the Archive Utility (formally BOM Archive Helper) the default utility or Stuffit Expander available from Aladdin Systems.
- To open the ZIP distribution file, drag the ZIP file onto the Expander icon or right click (ctrl + click) on the zip file, go to Open with on the menu and choose the corresponding application. This will reveal the mpkg file or installer package for Mac.
- Run the installer package; the fonts will be automatically placed in the Library/Fonts folder and the additional fonts and examples will be located in an IDAutomation [Product Name] folder under the Applications directory.