After Creating VS.NET project, Form is blank
This issue applies to using VB .NET or C# .NET and one of the following:
- ASP Barcode Server for IIS – when performing ASP.NET project integration.
- ASP.NET Web Server Control – when used in Web Applications.
- .NET Windows Forms Barcode Control – when used in Local Windows Forms Applications.
In many cases, the form will not display because a reference to the .dll is missing. This may happen when a project is opened after the DLL has moved and sometimes occurs the first or second time the project is used.
In order to reset the reference to the .dll in the form, use the following instructions.
- Check the .user file (if it exists) and remove any references in the ReferencePath.
for example <Settings ReferencePath = “” >
- Place all DLLs used in the project in project directory; in the same folder as the .sln solution file.
- Delete references to the component DLLs such as “IDAutomation.Barcode” from Solution Explorer.
- Add references to Solution Explorer. This is performed by choosing Project – Add Reference, selecting the .NET tab and browse to the appropriate DLL that corresponds to the project.
- Add to the Toolbox the barcode control by right-clicking in the toolbox and select “Customize Toolbox,” then select the .NET tab and click on browse to locate the appropriate DLL that corresponds to the project.
- Click the “Save all” button.
- Close solution or project.
- Reopen the solution or project.