Barcode macros do not run, files do not open or #NAME error is displayed
- A macro in Excel may return #NAME in the field that is supposed to represent a barcode.
- The file may open without any warnings and the barcode may not be displayed.
- Security settings may restrict access to the file, so that it will not open.
Usually this is due to the Microsoft Office security level being set at HIGH, thus preventing any macros from running or ActiveX Controls from being used. This can be resolved by performing the following:
- In the application, choose Tools – Macro – Security and set the security level to medium.
- Save and close the document.
- Reopen the document and choose “enable macros” when prompted.
To avoid these errors in a solution that is distributed, IDAutomation suggests signing the files and macros in the solution.