‘There is no Object in this Control’ Error
The error message of “There is no Object in this Control” or issue where control properties cannot be adjusted applies to the IDAutomation Barcode ActiveX Control; however, the solution may be applicable to any ActiveX Component.
The ActiveX Control error referenced above is usually caused by one of the following:
- A different control was installed where an older control was used.
- The control is corrupted.
- The control is not installed or registered.
- The registration of the control was removed from the registry.
- Multiple versions of the control exist on the PC.
To solve this issue perform the following:
- Remove the control box from the application.
- Remove any installed controls from the PC.
- Reboot the PC.
- Delete all files in the %temp% folder.
- Reinstall and register the control from installation instructions provided with the product.
- Add the control back to the application.