‘OraOLEDB’ Oracle provider not registered
The following message “‘OraOLEDB’ Oracle provider is not registered on the local machine.” appears when there is an Oracle Database Link Error when using the Barcode Label Software.
This is an authentication problem which can be resolved as follows:
- Open Explorer and select the ORACLE_HOME directory, e.g. c:OracleOra92
- Right click on the directory and look at it’s properties.
- Go to the Security tab and select Authenticated Users.
- Unclick and then re-click the Read & Execute permission under the Allow column.
- Click the Advanced button and ensure that the Authenticated Users entry allows Read & Execute on Folder, Subfolders and Files.
- Click OK and then Apply.
- Reboot the machine and the error should no longer appear.
- More information about this error is provided at the OraFAQ Site.